Hello! My name is
Kai Devrim McCormick
Student • King of the Pirates • He/Him
I am a Computer Engineering student at Seattle University who loves all things about computers. When I am not on studying (rarely) I am playing games, or watching anime, or going to class. I used to be an active member in one of the largest programming communities, Hack Club and even wrote a workshop. Other than that, I love volunteering for various programming communities and am currently helping out with my local IEEE club. Personally, I love to work on my Homelab and learn new technologies. Currently I am programming whatever piques my interest while also making a few other programming projects along the way. Overall, I just love making the world a better place and having fun while doing so.
A Raspberry Pi Emulator Wristwatch I made when I was 13.
Here are some places I have worked or volunteered at.
- McDonalds - Food Service Worker - October 2022 to Present
- CodeDay - Event Organizer - Jan 2020 to Nov 2023
- ThetaHacks - Lead Tech - Dec 2020 to Feb 2022
- UPA Hack Club- Club Manager - Aug 2020 to Aug 2021
- VMWare - Intern - Jul 2019
- eBay - Teacher - Jul 2019
The schools and classes I have taken
- Seattle University - 3.0 GPA - 2023 to 2027
- University Preparatory Academy - 3.7 GPA - 2017 to 2023
- Gavilan College - 4.0 GPA - Aug 2020 to Dec 2022
- Intro to C# & .Net
- World History
- Foothill College - 4.0 GPA - Aug 2022 to Dec 2022
- Linux Security Administration
Here are just some of the projects I have worked on.
- This Website! I made it using Next.js and TypeScript! (originally was Preact also)
- A Chip-8 Emulator I made it using Kotlin and OPENRNDR. It is a simple Chip-8 emulator that I made for fun.
- StarItAll A simple Golang script that will go through every repo in a Github user or org and star every single repo.
- StarItAll Web A website that does the same thing as above but uses oAuth and ASP.Net for a simple and easy to use website.
- XKCD.Net a simple C# library that allows you to get information about XKCD comics instead of having to deal with the pesky API. It also comes fully loaded with tests so the project never breaks!
- ThetaHacks 2022 Website A website made from scratch in just two weeks and where I learned how to make a website with React.
- UPA Hack Club Website A website made for the UPA Hack Club in 2020. I learned how to use Tailwind and NPM while making this site.